First party data solutions
A successful business relies on data to identify its customer's requirements and expectations. and expectations, and this depends on data, primarily customer behaviour. First-party data is one of the best marketing assets for a company to thrive.
Your business can create personalised marketing experiences for customers. Therefore, understanding the significance of first party data can help with the growth of your business.
What is First Party Data, why is it important and what’s in it for you?
First-party data or 1P is data that is collected and owned by a company. This data constitutes important information about the company’s customers, including web or mobile app behaviour, in-store or call center interactions, purchase history, and loyalty status, among other factors.
The information is collected through software and systems that the company owns. These could be collected through CRM, leads, point of sale, online behaviour etc. The company can then use this data to drive multiple insights and actions including creation of promotional communications.
The types/sources of 1P
1P comes in many types and sources. Let’s explore how you can create an unforgettable experience for your customers through first party data. Below are some of the sources that you can use to leverage your business.
- Websites: Use your WEBSITE TO GET DATA on site visitors like names, contact details, email addresses, etc. Track customer behaviour and transactions to understand your next plan of action.
- Smartphone Web & Apps: Users that make WEBSITE VISITS THROUGH MOBILES allow marketers to gather relevant user interactions. Some users prefer apps because they find it user-friendly and it’s easy to operate rather than logging into a website. These customers are considered one of the most enthusiastic brand supporters. As a marketer, you can use your visitor’s feedback or their behavioural signals to create a meaningful experience.
- Traditional yet Significant Platforms: Through EMAILS and SMS communication with your customers, you can assess the open rates, bounce rates, click rates and a lot more. You can identify the customer who has opened your email. Additionally, you’ll know not to bother those who have marked your message as spam. Remember that customers who allow SMS communication with your brand are the ones you need to specially care for, as they take more interest and deserve the best service.
- Beacons: Beacons provide authentic IN-STORE and STORE VISIT ATTRIBUTION. To add to this, store visit attribution applied through GPS data from mobile phones can significantly help businesses strategically plan inventory and marketing campaigns that align with customer needs. Also, store visits specific to locations can be measured to help optimise online ad spends. This type of 1P source offers remarkable customer information, including detailed aspects about a consumer’s behaviour.
- Customer Rapport: The POINT OF SALE and CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (CRM) is considered offline data. However, it is a brand’s greatest asset, aiding in online targeting and developing a strong relation with their best customers. It helps develop a level of personalisation with the shopper’s purchase history. This 1P data is significantly relevant for measurement and analysis of what’s selling and what’s not, making it easier to conclude the next plan of action.
- Customer Support Channels: CALL CENTRES are a great way to manage and improve sales and services. Significantly rich data is produced over calls. Support numbers are one the best forms of accessibilities provided to customers that lead to quick resolutions and services offered.